Mental health awareness for managers
Mental health illnesses are on the rise and chronic stress has become a common-place condition in the workplace. One in three doctors notes issued is now mental-health related and as it becomes increasingly difficult to remain ‘mentally wealthy’, we need to find new solutions to tackle this problem.
Managers across your business should be able to spot the signs and symptoms of mental ill health and feel confident in offering the right support. They also need an understanding of what contributes to and triggers mental health illnesses, and how certain workplace cultures can exacerbate these.
We know that when it comes to mental health illnesses, preventative strategies are by far the most effective, meaning early education is key. We focus on four key aspects in this workshop: awareness, education, support and resources.
In this workshop we cover:
- Why we find it so hard to stay mentally healthy in our modern world
- Spotting the signs and symptoms of mental ill health
- Becoming familiar with the mental health continuum
- Common triggers of mental health illnesses
- How damaging workplace cultures can contribute to poor mental health
- The link between stress at work and mental ill health
- Supporting employees with mental health illnesses
- Using preventative methods to protect from mental ill health
- Developing personal systems for keeping mentally healthy
- Resources and further reading
Workshop duration: 1 hour / 90 minutes / 4 hours